- About the Year of Forests
- Stay Involved
- Campaign News
- Media Coverage
- 10 Most Threatened Forests In The World
- Administration Announces Wood Promotion Strategy at U.S. International Year of Forests Celebration
- Forest Service To Promote International Year Of Forests
- Leavell and Politicos Sitting in a Tree"
- Morning Profile: Chuck Leavell, from Trees to Stones
- Rock n’ Roll Conservationists Celebrate America’s Forests, USDA Green Buildings Strategy
- Trees and 'Stones!
- USDA Green Building Initiative Announced at International Year of Forests Celebration
- USDA Leads the Way on Green Buildings, Use of Wood Products
- Virginia Students Celebrate International Year of Forests
Leavell and Politicos Sitting in a Tree
Mar 31 2012
The Washington Examiner
By Katy Adams, Nikki Schwab and Caitlin Byrnes
What do a Rolling Stone and politicians have in common? Apparently a love of trees.
Rolling Stones keyboardist Chuck Leavell joined The Second Amendments, a band made up of Reps. Thad McCotter, R-Mich., Kenny Hulshof, R-Mo., Collin Peterson, D-Minn., and Dave Weldon, R-Fla., on stage at the Washington Plaza Hotel for a celebration of the International Year of Forests on Wednesday night.