- About the Year of Forests
- Stay Involved
- Campaign News
- Media Coverage
- 10 Most Threatened Forests In The World
- Administration Announces Wood Promotion Strategy at U.S. International Year of Forests Celebration
- Forest Service To Promote International Year Of Forests
- Leavell and Politicos Sitting in a Tree"
- Morning Profile: Chuck Leavell, from Trees to Stones
- Rock n’ Roll Conservationists Celebrate America’s Forests, USDA Green Buildings Strategy
- Trees and 'Stones!
- USDA Green Building Initiative Announced at International Year of Forests Celebration
- USDA Leads the Way on Green Buildings, Use of Wood Products
- Virginia Students Celebrate International Year of Forests
Pinecrest, Florida Proclaims Official Celebrate Forests Day
Apr 21 2011
In concert with its annual Earth Day Festival, Pinecrest, Florida Mayor Cindy Lerner signed a proclamation designating April 10, 2011 as the official Celebrate Forests Day in the Village of Pinecrest in accordance with the International Year of Forests.
The proclamation states:
WHEREAS, trees and forests provide clean air; and
WHEREAS, trees and forests improve economic health and over 1.6 billion people depend on forests for their livelihood; and
WHEREAS, trees and forests contribute to community and personal health; and
WHEREAS, forests are home to 300 million people around the world; and
WHEREAS, forests cover 31% of total land area; and
WHEREAS, 2011 has been designated as the International Year of Forests; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Pinecrest has planted over 10,000 trees since 1997 and trees are an important asset to Pinecrest and its citizens; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Pinecrest is celebratig Earth Day with a festival at Pinecrest Gardens on April 10, 2011;
Now, therefore, I, Cindy Lerner, Mayor of the Village of Pinecrest, Florida, on behalf of the Village Council and its citizens, do hereby proclaim Sunday, April 10, 2011 as Celebrate Forests Day.
For more information on Pinecrest's Earth Day Festival, visit its official website.